Wanna grab a coffee?
For cat lovers who can’t have a cat in their student room, Cats Café Balthazar is the place to go to. This café offers a perfect variety of coffees and pies and you can pet as many cats as you like. You don’t pay an entrance fee and you also don’t have to make a reservation: just come by! A hidden gem is Philipse Koffie & Brocante. This tiny place is nicely tucked away next to Sint Stevenskerk. While having a coffee, have a look around, as the cute vintage items are for sale. A bit more remote from the city centre is First Things First. With excellent coffee from Blommers Coffee Roasters, this specialty coffee bar is a must go to for coffee addicts! Their promise: the perfect serve… De Wit Wasserij is the perfect fit if you don’t own a washing machine or it’s broken: here you can wash your clothes while indulging in some fine coffee and some extravagant donuts. The Fuzz Coffee & Tunes is the perfect place to catch your breath and it has a nice laidback, living room atmosphere. You can have some coffee, breakfast, brunch and lunch here.
Do you love shopping?
Across from The Fuzz Coffee & Tunes is 512. This shop combines sustainable clothes, stunning accessories with loads of cool (second-hand) plants of Bleshyou. If you want to upgrade your student room or your house, you should definitely stop by to start your own urban jungle! Another shop that you definitely shouldn’t miss is Make My Day. This cool concept store (with a location for women and another one for men) offers a wide range of interior accessories, books, clothes, jewellery, plants etc. Another concept store is MOOD: Scandinavian interior and a lot of must haves. Ieder z’n vak provides room for designers, artists, craftsmen and collectors to show their stunning products. Of course, Nijmegen is home to numerous designer clothing stores. Some nice clothing boutiques we like are Kameleon, Charlie & Goods and Bold. If you’re into sustainability, Van Nature is a must. This 100% sustainable department store offers cosmetics, interior accessories, clothes and even a hair dresser.
Planning a lunch with your friends?
Crudo, located in Van Nature is a raw food café and shop. Everything they offer is fair, vegan & eco-friendly. They also sell nuts in bulk. Another place to get a delicious salad for lunch is MUNT or Down Town. Or enjoy the sandwiches of De Blonde Pater; they’re the best in town if you ask me. Scandinavian lunch café Fika provides you with a Swedish coffee break, but that’s not all: it’s more like a ritual. With a nice variety of smørrebrød, breakfast and afternoon bites, this café is highly recommended. Eat, drink & sleep at Credible; bonus points for the interior (good eye for detail!). Do you have a sweet tooth? Eatery The Pancake is the place to go to for all-day pancakes: Dutch classics, American Pancakes, both sweet & savoury are on the menu!
- Cats Café Balthazar | Van Welderenstraat 46 | www.kattencafebalthazar.nl
- Philipse Koffie & Brocant | St.Stevenskerkhof 44 | www.philipsekoffieenbrocante.nl
- First Things First | Waalbandijk 14B| www.firstthingsfirstnijmegen.nl
- De Wit Wasserij | Hertogstraat 5 | www.dewitwasserij.nl
- The Fuzz Coffee & Tunes | Van Broeckhuysenstraat 17
- 512 & Bleshyou | Van Broeckhuysenstraat 20 | www.bleshyou.nl
- Make My Day | Stikke Hezelstraat 32& 65 | www.makemydaynijmegen.nl
- MOOD | Houtstraat 59 | www.mood-conceptstore.nl
- Ieder z’n vak | Lange Hezelstraat 72-76 | www.iederznvak.nl
- Kameleon | Ziekerstraat 132 | www.kameleonnijmegen.nl
- Charlie & Goods | Marikenstraat 63 | www.charlieandgoods.nl
- Bold | Lange Hezelstraat 41A | www.boldnijmegen.nl
- Van Nature & Crudo | Burchtstraat 126 | www.vannature-nijmegen.nl
- MUNT | In de Betouwstraat 28 | www. munt-saladebar.nl
- Down Town | Kannenmarkt 16 | www.downtownnmgn.nl
- De Blonde Pater | Houtstraat 62 | www.blondepater.nl
- Fika | Van Broeckhuysenstraat 5 & 7 | www.fika-nijmegen.nl
- Credible | Hertogstraat 1 | www.in-credible.nl
- Eatery The Pancake | Van Welderenstraat 22 | www.eaterythepancake.nl