Questions and Complaints

Do you have any questions and / or complaints about education or the faculty? Below is explained where you can leave your questions and / or complaints. It also describes how the co-determination is regulated in the studies and the Nijmegen School of Management.

  • Commissioner Internal and Educational Affairs
    The Commissioner Internal and Educational Affairs at Synergy takes care of one of the objectives of the study association, which is to representing the interests of the students of the Business Administration department. Therefore, the commissioner acts as a person for first contact in case there are complaints about education in Business Administration. Do you have questions about for example summaries, tutoring, ordering books or readers, the facilities or contact information? Please send an email to our Comminssioner Internal and Educational Affairs or you can come by at the Synergy office (EOS 00.180).
  • Study advisors
    The study advisors are the first to contact for study guidance. If you have questions about your own study progress or want to discuss problems (both study-related and personal), you can contact these advisors. Mr. Lucas Meijssen is the study advisor for the bachelor's degree in Bedrijfskunde. Ms. Charissa van Mourik is the study advisor for the bachelor of International Business Administration. Mrs Remke Friesen is the study advisor for the master students. You can find their contact information here
  • Educational committee (OLC)
    Each field of study has its own educational committee. The OLC monitors the quality of the program and consists of students, teachers and study advisors. The main tasks are the evaluation of education and giving an opinion on the annual adoption of the Education and Examination Regulations (OER). Furthermore, the OLC is the place where students and teachers can talk to each other about all matters of education. The committee may also issue unsolicited advice to the dean, the management team and the portfolio holder. The Commissioner Internal and Educational Affairs also has a place in the OLC. More information can be found here.
  • Examination Board
    The Examination Board consists of several members of the educational staff. The committee monitors compliance with the Education and Examination regulations and handles all written requests from students concerning (among other things) exemptions, extra examination possibilities, alternative means of testing, and complaints about tests and test results. As a student, you can also report to the examination board if extraordinary circumstances occur which are not regulated in the Teaching and Examination Regulations. You are advised, however, to meet with the study advisors, before appealing to the Examination Board.

    If you disagree with a written decision of the Examination Board or the examiner then you may appeal to the Examination Appeals Board, for example for decisions regarding a binding study advice, exemptions and assessments of (preliminary) exams. Also if the Examination Board or the Examiner refuses to take a decision regarding the abovementioned subjects you are able to appeal. More information can be found on the Dutch and English website of the Radboud University.

  • Faculty Student Council (FSR)
    The faculty student council evaluates the plans of the Nijmegen School of Management as an elected body and meets monthly with, among other things, the dean, teachers and staff within the faculty. You can contact FSR for question and complaint about the faculty's policy. You can email to, for more information click here.
  • Assessor
    The student assessor acts as a contact person within the faculty and has a lot of contact with various departments within the faculty. The student assessor fulfils a radar function within the faculty, so if you have questions that mainly concern the faculty or about the general developments within the university, you can email the assessor ( You can click here for more information.

The Synergy Office is closed till the 1st of June. For more information, go to