Internet of Things Partnerships (Suitable for Thesis)
In this role, you have the opportunity to work alongside Senior Product Managers and Business Development Managers to identify 3rd party partners spanning software, connected products, and digital services suitable for Philips IoT (Internet of Things) Platform.
You are responsible for
- Obtaining extensive knowledge of the IoT / connected space across cutting edge technologies, connected products, and digital services
- Contributing in market research towards thought leadership and market trends
- Based on this research, driving the scouting of viable new partners
- Study and compare key market players,
- Reaching out to shortlisted players for demo and information collection
- Working with Philips internal teams to evaluate and shortlist partners
- Providing comprehensive insights into shortlisted partners by conducting due diligence on product, technology, infrastructure and legal aspects
- Preparing the business case and pitch for recommended partner(s)
- Helping manage overall business development opportunity and deal flow
You are a part of
The Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team of the Philips Connected Digital Platforms & Propositions (CDP2) Organization, which was formed to guide and lead the transformation of Philips into a HealthTech / IoT company.
Within this organization, the Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team works closely with the various Business Groups (BGs) at Philips in defining roadmaps and MVPs (Minimal Viable Propositions) for new connected propositions (products & services)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences in Business Management or Management of Technology
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills combined with a strong business sense and a drive for business impact
- Ability to manage and organize both your own work as well as projects and senior executive meetings
- Solid spoken and written English skills
In return, we offer you
We offer exposure in a strategic position in a very dynamic business. The opportunity to shape and direct high impact business strategies will be offered. In addition, Philips offers you excellent career development possibilities.
- This internship assignment could be suitable to do your thesis but that is not mandatory
- Duration: 6 months
- We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, but we also offer this internship with starting date Aug/Sept 2018
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions. For any other questions and more information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.